We are TextMine Limited (CRN: 12307500). Our registered address is Mindspace, 9 Appold street, London, EC2A 2AP, United Kingdom. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA757679.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
- When you join the waiting list for an account and/ or create an account with TextMine. When you register with us either on the waiting list, or to create an account, we usually collect your name, signature and email address, as well as other information relevant to the particular contracts you create, negotiate, sign and store. We collect these details because we need them to provide you with your account information and benefits as part of your subscription or potential future subscription with TextMine. Our lawful basis is to perform the contract with you.
Although the creation of an account and basic access to the TextMine platform is free, should you wish to purchase additional features, we may also collect your payment information.
- When you receive a contract negotiation/signature request.When a user of our platform asks you to negotiate and/or sign a contract, we may process your name, signature and email address to send you an email invitation to negotiate and/or sign the contract. You will also receive reminder emails from us if you do not respond to the initial request. We do this under our legitimate interest to facilitate your access to the contract and allow for you to negotiate, sign and store the relevant contract. If you already have an account with us when you receive this notification or you subsequently create an account after receiving the notification, then paragraph 1 above applies.
- When you contact us. When you contact us either by phone, email, on our portal or via our website with general queries, we will usually collect your name and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- On social media. When you connect with us on social media including on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn we will process your handle, name and email address under our legitimate interest to respond to your comments and queries promptly.
- When you receive our news updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about.When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news updates emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, by emailing email@example.com or by logging into your account via the portal and updating your subscriptions.
- Technical information when you use our website. When you consent, we collect information about how you use our website with cookies. We use this information to improve our website and to better understand how people use it. More detail on the information we collect and how we do this is set out in the following paragraph.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
8. If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
• Contributors and additional parties to your contract. This will be to facilitate the contract with you and take steps to allow others to contribute to and complete your contracts, as instructed by you via the dashboard.
• Contract parameters. As set out in our Platform Terms, we collect details about the contracts available on our platform, such as contract value, duration, industry sectors, choice of law and confidentiality provisions. We use these contract parameters to identify trends across our platform and help our other users negotiate similar contracts. This does not involve the sharing of your personal data.
• Payment providers. This will be to facilitate the contract with you and provide you with any modified/ upgraded services as part of your subscription.• Analytics and search engine providers to assist us with the improvement and optimisation of our site.• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it. Your data is usually deleted 6 months after the deactivation of your account with us, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
Please keep in mind that if another user’s account on our platform includes your personal data (such as because you were a signatory on one of their contracts) then your personal data will be retained for as long as that contract is stored in that user’s account.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We also anonymise any contracts you upload to our platform and contribute those to our contractual template bank.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:• access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);• correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;• ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;• ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;• ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;• object to how we are using your personal data; and• withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
WHAT ABOUT WEBSITES WE LINK TO?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use our services, please note that you have left our site and these websites have their own privacy policies.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND MORE DETAIL
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.